Monday, June 06, 2011

EyeFinity vs Two Cards

So i am presented with this dilemma. I want to utilize the 3 screens that I have. I have all three of them setup in my office at home, and man alive is it awesome. I love it love it love it, however there is a problem.

I don't know how many of you have ever worked with more than one monitor in the past, but it seems that in order for you to have a desktop that works across that many monitors you need a special video card. I knew that and anticipated it. So I have this killer card, that will support up to 4 monitors with EyeFinity. Some nifty code from ATI that allows you to spread your windows desktop across multiple monitors. WHat they don't make super public, is that you need to have at least one of those monitors connect via the new Display Port Technology.

What a load of crap. How on earth do they expect people to go out and buy three new monitors? I am only able to have multiple's because of what i do for a living. Its par for my course to have extra monitors, but you can't just attach them all. Nope. I had to put in a separate video card. its a pile of dung, but is runs its own monitor so i will have to make do for now.

I would love to just buy a display port to DVI connector, but no, it has to be an active adaptor, so as to fool the video card into believing that you are running one via display port.

I swear to you the people who create technology get together at some private island somewhere, and talk about how they have the technology to integrate all of our devices, and make them all work together, but then laugh and just decide that they will just make a new part, so that everyone has to go out, shell out more and more of their money, and make the next retreat they go to an all inclusive with the extra proceeds.

ARG!

1 comment:

NDR said...

I have now gotten a new cable for my video card. it works, but i have now realized that one of my 22" monitors isn't. its only a 21. kinda disappointing.