Friday, July 28, 2006

One Week From Today

Well, in just one week from today I will no longer be a single man. I can't wait! Of course I am up at nearly 11:00pm (which is waaay past my bedtime) writing a blog because I can't freakin sleep. But such has been my luck the past few weeks, nearly a month.

I tell you something is trying to make sure that Tara and I really do love each other, cause all sorts of bad are happenin to me. My car broke down over a month ago, blew the radiator, the water pump, two head gaskets, and now a Valve Job. I go to L.A. for training, and to validate with the Vice president of the company, and didn't even have time to do so while I was there. It was quite an ordeal. Then when I get back? I got bronchitus. Yup, sick with a feever, a cough and its 113 degree's outside.

But through all the crap, even Tara's car had to have some work done on it, Tara has been even more loving and caring toward me. There have been some tense times, but we have been able to always remember how much we love each other. I am blessed you know. Again, I guess I have to thank Angie for introducing me to her. I have never been so happy in my entire life. Even when I was completely miserable, and probably smelled like an old sock, with mentholatum, she was always there, with a smile on her face, looking incredible as usual.

She has so much confidence in me and I am so lucky to have someone so truly wonderful in my life, someone who will be a wonderful and loving mother to my children. I got more lucky than I could have ever dreamed possible. Our lives will start in the Happiest place on earth! Right after all the stress and absolute craziness, we get to drive to Disneyland! Of course that means that they have suckered yet another couple into countless re-visists just for anniversarys in the future. Its ok. We both really do love it there, and the best part is, we get to act like Kids. We get to play, for the first time ever, I really get to play with my best friend. (No offence to those of you who have been my best friend at times, but yes you have all been replaced, and I hope that someday I will also be replaced, or have been replaced already (Janet, Jenn, etc.).

I can't wait to be able to be a little kid again, although the movement probably will not be the same. too much of the age left in the bones, but I promise you I will be smiling the whole time, no matter what. As long as I am there with Tara.

Ok. So I still can't sleep, and this is probably getting boring and repetative, and probably making some of you out there sick, so I digress.

It is time for me to start considering how to really make some real improvements in the store. The store's morale is quite good, but we need to get better. Much better. I fear that I am the only one there who see's this place as a career, a real way to get better and father in life. This job could get me places,but there is so much more that I need to do to learn. I am trying to so hard to motivate my guys, to make them want to make this place something truly special. I know that the product we have proves it. I know that no one can do what we do, not the way we do. We have good suppliers, and fanatstic people in all levels of the company. If we could figure a way out of the communication barrier that exists, we could be un-stoppable.

I want my guys to know that what we are doing can really help people, that we can actually sell them something that isn't going to just bring us more money, but something that will give them more time, and allow them to create and share with other people. With my computer I am going to be able to allow my parents, who are on the other side of the planet, actually watch my wedding. And it won't cost anything. It is amazing. We can help other people do things like this.

The only problem is that I spend so much time at work, I can't get good at doing the things I want to show people. Too many numbers to cruch, to much procedural things to do to spend the type of time I need to learn how to make my own DVD's really well, to get to the point where I can film my children opening their christmas presents, with my parents able to watch from where ever they are, or to video tape it and then put it up on the web to share with my entire family, all of our dear friends.

To all of you who have helped the past few weeks, and months with all of the plans for the wedding, and for understanding about difficult times. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I should try to get some sleep now. I miss Tara.

No comments: