Sunday, August 21, 2005

Lights are fun


This here is my new keyboard. Its rather nice. I must admit when I first saw these types of keyboards on ThinkGeek, I was impressed and very excited about someday being able to save up enough money to get one.

Turns out that they are not the only place you can get them. I found mine at PC Club, my new work. It is nicer than I thought it would be, because I thought that I really would end up with a normal keyboard that has some LED's in it, but this turned out to be a killer keyboard.

For those of you who know about my love of laptop keyboards you will understand this a bit better. Its got a nice short throw like laptop keyboards do. A bit more stiff than my old Gateway Solo 5300 (may it find tranquilty in Japan). Which I like a lot because it feels more stable. Plus it will be great when I get to work on my iMac. It's a USB keyboard so I should be able to use it on the iMac with no problems, but that is also a downside to the keyboard.

Having only USB connections makes it difficult to get into the BIOS on my system or even to get into safe mode. No updates for my board to allow me to use a USB keyboard to enter those parts of my system. It is ok, though and I will be able to make due. I still have other keyboards that have ruddy old PS2 connections.

All in all I must admit that this keyboard is better than I could have hoped, and not to mention the fact that its less than half the price that it was when I first found them on ThinkGeek. Consider me one happy geek boy!

No comments: