Sunday, June 19, 2005

Fishing!


Well, I didn't get to do a whole lot of camping. We stayed for two nights in one of the most beautiful camping area's that I have ever seen. It was fantastic. We went hiking and we sat around and did nothing, I read more of the Davinci Code (Great Book), and as you can see I did a little bit of Fishin.

I didn't have my own Pole so Gary let me use his pole. Went out at 10:45am, and this picture was taking about 11:35. I caught 5 Fish in less than an hour. The funny thing about all this is that I had not been fishing for years. I can't really remember the last time. It took me a bit to remember how to cast. Once I did, though I was hooked. Acutally the fish was, on my first real decent cast. Brought in a nice rainbow trout. I think they all were rainbows. And let me tell you they taste fantastic!

Unfortunatly the rain came later that evening. Just as it started to drizzle I built a one match fire. It was great. I remembered everything about starting a fire. Had that sucker blazing till 10 that night. No lighter fluid, just one simple kleenex. A used one even. And lots of kindling. Love being a boy scout.

The kid with me in the picture is Ryan. He is 14 and it is sad to say that the big fish in the picture is his. At least we both caught our limit and we had a great time. The river was flowing probably 2 or 3 times as big as it normally is. Tara took me out to her favorite spot out there and it was almost completely covered. It was like looking at white caps as far as the eye could see. Would have been fun on a Kayak, but extreemly dangerous. Tara said they used to set their chairs in the middle of the river and just relax all day. Didn't happen this time. We are at over 150% of snow pack this year in Tahoe and the sierra. That is just some places, I saw some numbers that said that the snow pack was over 200% of what is needed. So the river was overflowing.

Overall, a fantastic trip. We woke up early on Friday to find ourselved sleeping in a puddle though. It was very unfortunate. It rained all night long. Tara and I came home friday. It was fun, and we enjoyed ourselved. We were even going to celebrate our anniversary this weekend, but are unable to do so, because right after we got back Tara threw out her back. She is still in bed in extreeme pain. Took her to the Hospital yesterday. She is on Vicodin and Flexoril, but I am sure she will be fine in a few days. What a lousy way to spend her long weekend though.

More to come!

No comments: