Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Time for Change?

Ok, so I sit around a lot and I think. I have come to realize that this entire system is broken. Sure that isn't new for anyone to hear. A lot of people think so. I have just been thinking about it a lot lately. It seems like no matter what the people do it doesn't make a difference in the way things work.

I don't know if there is a way that it can be changed, but the people who make the laws no longer listen to the people who have them enforced upon them. We are no longer able to make drastic changes. California's Government needs to be changed, they spend too much money, hey wait doesn't every government here? Oh yeah its all the same. No matter where you live in this country you are always going to find people who think that the government is terrible. No matter what.

If we thought that there ever was a time when everyone thought that we had it right, then there would never have been a Civil War. Sure we all think Abe Lincoln was a revolutionary, one of the greatest leaders this country has ever had, but such was not the case during his life. I mean the man was shot, because he changed what we all (at least I hope we all) feel is one of the most unjust and wrong things that ever happened.

So how do we change the system that we all feel is so corrupt? What would Abe Lincoln have done? Can we rely on anyone to help make change? It isn't fair that I can't think of a single person alive that could acutally make change. Sad isn't it.

I live in Cali, so I see stupid comercials all the time. The Governator wants everything changed, right? He wants a new political system. At least he wants to reform the one we have. But why? Do you really think he wants it because it would be better for you and for me? Hell no, he wants it because it would be better for him. It would further his political carreer. We need change because it would acutally be good for the people in this country, this state, this house! (that means your house, not just mine). If anyone has any ideas how we can make this place better, let me know, but don't just let me know, let everyone know.

We have the power to at least be heard. Thanks to the internet, this wonderful mass media that isn't controlled by ANYONE, we control it by what we read, what we look at and what we decide to pay for.

No comments: